They are mostly made up from classic GW Praetorians, but there's a dead Foundry horse, a Renedra barrel, and my favourite has to be Ernest Carrying his wounded comrade (a Scarab Miniatures piece) to which i've added some Praetorian details such as boot straps, and epaulettes.
Tuesday, 17 July 2012
In a moment or two of conversion madness i've been working on these objective markers. To be honest i'm not sure how they could be used, but i just liked the idea of each piece. I have two more on the go, but there's alot more conversion and green stuffing to be done til they're finished. I'm sure they'll look better when painted but these WIP shots give a rough idea of what was going through my mind at the time!
Tuesday, 10 July 2012
I managed to get round to finishing this group off this week, with just the varnishing to be done. I'm quite happy with the results, i've puposely put off varnishing until the wet weather backs off a bit. I dont know if thats caused my problems, but i feel better waiting!
Next up is some Praetorian Casualty and Objective Markers....
Wednesday, 4 July 2012
After the other nights varnishing disaster, i immersed myself into painting these Necromunda braves. The idea is for them to be used with a 40k Praetorian Army, and to try and tie some of the colours in with the regular army. The trousers and webbing were the most logical items, so i continued with the blue and white colours as shown in the Army pictures. (I apologise for the poor quality pictures, i must take some better shots of te completed army at some point!)
There's still a fair bit to do on these, boots, webbing and all the fine detail bits. Not quite sure what i'll do varnish wise when their finished!