Friday 24 July 2020

28mm Scouring of the Shire, Halfling Burrows, Halfling homes

Here’s a couple more pieces of terrain I’ve been working on recently. Two more Halfling Burrows from Terrain at Model Earth




Here they are before i set to work on them..



The first was a relatively easy conversion,

The right hand side was cut and filed to fit around one of my resin cast chimneys.


 then a simple cut along the left upright timber and a piece of Wills plasticard to bring out the front, with a small section of stone to recreate the lower stone work 


Here is the front cut and ready for glueing up


And viola here is the finished piece..



The second was a little more ambitious...


I wanted to make a porch and a log store, so i started with the most simplest of cuts to make the log store. A nice straight cut down the right vertical timber and a bit of Wills plasticard.

 

This was fitted ontop of a small offcut of one of my resin chimneys to give a stone step effect. A small piece of balsa was then added to recreate a vertical timber


I then set about creating the porch. I found a 1/48th scale Rustic porch at Petite PropertiesA nice little kit that would be perfect with a little bit of cutting and fettleing.


It comes with a set of instructions, but being typically male, i ignored those and proceeded with the build.. 



I used only three parts of the kit, the front frame and two of the roof timber sections. I had to use a couple of match sticks to bring the porch off the resin front to avoid the roof shingles, and used a bit of blue-tac to help eye everything up


I cut one of my resin log piles in half to give me a starting point of how far out to build the log store...


and set about creating a little nook out of some more Wills plasticard Lime sheets. I used an offcut from the porch kit to give a bit of roof detail over the log store, and a bit of Wills planking for the porch roof


Some strips of plasticard finished off the roof shingles above the log store to give me this.. In this picture you can see a planter box under the window, bit i omitted this on the finished piece. A bit of stone effect plasticard was used for the floor paving  


Here are a few finished pictures of both these completed pieces. 




The windows, chimneys, boxes and barrels are from my own resin cast pieces, along with a few small bricks from plaster. A water jug from a dolls house furniture kit completes the lived in effect










I hope you like the pictures, I'm really quite pleased with how they came out....



No comments:

Post a Comment