Saturday 9 November 2019

Model Earth Halfman Hole build, Halfling Home, Scouring of the Shire

I picked up some of these resin Halfman hole front from the guys at Terrain at ModelEarth. Their range was created in conjuction with Westfalia Fantasy Battles, available from their website and on their earlier set up kickstarter. They come with a resin front and piece of land frontage to start your build











Here they are compared to the Forge World Hobbit Hole fronts. They are equal in terms of detail, no major flashing or casting flaws, and similar for size and scale..


I picked up 4 of these in total, two of each design. My plan was to make one of each style as standard, a third to convert in some small way, and then heavily convert the fourth. The build for the standard ones is much as my previous Halfling Homes. I didn't take pictures of the actual build as it was just as before, but basically the resin front was glued onto a piece of foam, based on 3mm MDF.

Here are finished pictures of both the standard Halfling Homes.... The windows and chimneys are from my own resin designs, the corn stalks are from Dixon Miniatures , the bucket and baskets I've picked up on the web somewhere..











Hope you like the pictures, now available in my Ebay shop .....










No comments:

Post a Comment