Thursday 14 November 2019

Model Earth Halfman hole conversions, Halfling Home, Scouring of the Shire

In my previous i set about two standard Halfling homes from the Model Earth halfman hole fronts. In this post you will see me make two more but this time conversions of the original parts.

Here is the parts as they started...



The first build was relatively straight forward, just a strategic cut at one of the vertical beams with the addition of some Wills plastic sheeting to give the desired effect..










I used some different embossed plasticard to simulate varied paving


The second halfling home was a lot more involved. I will show a finished picture first to give you an of what i was trying to achieve, then talk you through the steps as i went...


The first step was to use some Oyrumaru or Blue Stuff to make a mould of the bottom stone section of the front so i could recreate this stonework around the new section of wall. The picture also shows the mould i made for my own style of the windows and chimney i created. I then made two resin casts of the wall section......


With the stonework cut away ready for the extension...


With some Wills lime wash walling on top of the stonework, i then created a left hand turn from the original front, and a new wall for one of my chimneys to sit. A few more casts of my chimney  gave me the height i wanted. I wanted the chimney wall to be angled at roof line so as to give a different feature from all the normal curved roofs which are so prevalent on halfling homes.



The piece that was originally cut off at the left of the door section was then glued back on at an angle to complete the front



Lastly i added some roof shingles on top of the new walls (not pictured)

The rest of the build was straight forward with 3mm MDF for the base, with some foam, and some of my dormer window casts, and a resin vase from Baueda to complete the build....


Here are the finished pictures of both these Halfling Homes...

















I hope I have added something to the originals. I may keep the heavily converted one but the other will be in my Ebay shop very soon....


2 comments: